|For support: call extension 5-Help (212-305-4357) or email us
The CUMC IT Application Development team has experience with creating, implementing and improving applications for CUMC. Whether you're looking for a small, in-house database, an easily accessible web-based application, or a large scale enterprise system, our staff can find the best solution to fit your needs. We offer a wide range of programming and development skills, and are experts in employing cutting edge technology that's optimally designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
What we provide:
- The professional attention and project management you would expect from a high-end external
consulting company combined with the institutional knowledge, connections and reasonable pricing
of CUMC staff.
- Experienced developers who can take your application from the requirements-gathering phase through rollout and user acceptance.
- The strength of IT professionals familiar with both current medical computing platforms and the requirements of integrating external
resources and vendor solutions.
- Innovative application, database, and enterprise systems development that are guaranteed to work with CUMC infrastructure while meeting your demands.
Applications we've developed:
- an extension of the University's Human Resources and Payroll systems for handling the unique needs of the Medical Center faculty including
degrees, Board certifications, specializations, practice offices, and Medical Center-specific titles and payroll arrangements.
- DARTS - a Web-based application that handles University financial data and dynamic, up-to-date OLAP reports.
- Columbia University Physician Internet Directory - a Web application and database that lets the general public find
doctors from CUMC's Faculty Practice Organization by specialization, address, insurance affiliation, and other criteria.
- CU Library/FAHRIS Interface - a Web application linking Columbia faculty to library records of
their publications, giving Research Administration greater power and efficiency with grants management and prospecting.
- Navigator Breast Cancer Tracking System - a database application which imports demographic data from existing
hospital systems and allows the Avon Breast Imaging Center to handle clinical data and follow the progress of patients through breast cancer
- Regional Perinatal Centers Data System - a Web application developed for the Neonatal Intensive Care Units of
fifteen Columbia and Cornell-affiliated hospitals to record neonatal clinical data for quality assurance and meet New York State reporting
We also have ongoing projects with researchers in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Genomics.
- J2EE enterprise application development
- All major databases - Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and more
- Web application development including XML and Ajax
- Perl, C/C++, and a variety of other computing languages and technologies
For inquiries regarding Application Development, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also see our Server Support
site for information about data storage and other services available.
| TOP |
Last updated 8/14/2014