Core Resources is a joint support organization consisting of employees of New York Presbyterian and Columbia University Medical Center. The name represents the "central" or "core" role we play in the day to day operations of electronic data communications for the institutions we serve.
Our mission is to provide a highly available, high performing, and secure network infrastructure that enables a seamless connectivity experience for the enterprise and a safe technological environment for the patient.
What we do
Our responsibilities are primarily the design, implementation and maintenance of the New York Presbyterian and Columbia University Medical Center network infrastructures. Our network provides secure transport for high speed data, IP telephony, and video traffic.
About the CUMC Network
- High speed network access is available in all the CUMC campus buildings.
- Portions of the CUMC campus have 802.11a/g/n/ac wireless available to our user community and guests.
- We maintain and operate a privately owned and operated 40-Gbps Wide-Area-Network (WAN) with redundant 10-Gbps fiber optic links between 12 major NYPH and CUMC campuses.
- Enterprise Internet service for the CUMC campus is provided in conjunction with NYP.
- The CUIMC network is connected to Internet 2.
- Remote offices and practices connect back to our main campuses via high speed, dedicated links.
Other services we design, implement and support are DNS, DHCP, IP Address Management, and remote connectivity via VPN. Our network is enabled for multicast routing.
As a CUMC IT department, Core Resources enlists the CUMC IT Service Desk to provide first level technical support 7 days a week; please contact 305-Help first for immediate assistance with any technical questions or problems, including emergencies.