About the University ID Card
The University ID card is your passport to Columbia. It grants you access to the Library and secure campus locations, allows you to purchase services at campus cafes and the University bookstore and enables you to take advantage of cultural discount programs in New York City.
ID Card Photo Requirements
In order to get your Columbia University ID card, you’ll need to submit a photo online. The photo for should be passport-style and meet the following requirements:
- The photo should be a color, JPEG file
- The background should be uniform and light-colored
- You must be facing forward, with your head and shoulders clearly visible
- No photos with sunglasses or hats will be accepted
- The file cannot exceed 100k in size
Please note: The size of the photo you submit must be less than 100 kilobytes. If you need to resize your photo before submitting, you may do so by using any one of the following applications.
- Desktop: Picasa, Photoshop, Microsoft Picture Manager (PC only) and IPhoto (Mac only)
- Online : Web Resizer
You may also upload a photo to Facebook or My Space, resize it and then export it to your desktop.
Submit a Photo
To submit a photo, first make sure you have activated your UNI, then log into the secure site to submit your ID photo.
The photo deadline is Friday, May 02, 2014. You will receive your University ID card when you arrive on campus.