Information for Applicants
Applications for a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center for appointments to begin training in July 2014, will only be accepted through ERAS, The Electronic Residency Application Service.
Additionally, we will participate in the National Resident Matching Program Medical Specialty Matching Service (SMS). Applicants must register separately with NRMP to participate in the Specialty Matching Service.
We will begin reviewing applications after August 1, 2013. Our formal deadline for applications is October 15, 2013, but students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Interviews will begin after September 10, 2013, and should be completed by November 7, 2013.
What Constitutes a Complete Application?
Please comply with the following guidelines when completing your application. Only applications with all requested materials will be reviewed.
Through ERAS, please submit the following required materials:
Post-Grad Year 2 & Beyond:
- ERAS common application form (CAF)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal goals statement
- Medical school transcripts
- 2 to 4 letters of reference
(including Chief of Service/Department Chair with whom most recently served. References should be within one year of current training.)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX transcript with scores
- Wallet-sized color photo
- ECFMG status report (international medical graduates only)
Helpful Dates to Remember
- July, 2013: Applicants submit application materials through ERAS. (applications, letters of recommendation, Dean's Letter/MSPE, transcripts, and other supporting credentials)
- August 1, 2013: Columbia begins begins reviewing applications
- September 10, 2013: Columbia begins interviewing candidates
- November 7, 2013: Columbia completes interview process
- November 13, 2013: Match rank order list closes
- December 4, 2013: Match Day
Foreign applicants may apply to the program and are advised that NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital will not petition or sponsor H visas. Only J and O visas will be supported. Please note that neither NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital nor Columbia University Medical Center assumes responsibility for any associated fees or expenses related to the petition.
Information relating to the visa inquiries can be found on the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates website.
For further information, please call our Fellowship Coordinator at (212) 305-8923.