Information for Applicants
Thank you for considering the Fellowship Program in Hematology/Oncology at the Columbia University Medical Center! We welcome the opportunity to continue your training at one of the top cancer centers in the United States.
Applications for appointments beginning in July 2016, will only be accepted through ERAS, The Electronic Residency Application Service.
Additionally, we will participate in the National Resident Matching Program Medical Specialty Matching Service (SMS). Applicants must register separately with NRMP to participate in the Specialty Matching Service.
We will begin reviewing applications starting July 15th, 2015, when ERAS formally begins accepting 2016 applications. Our formal deadline for applications is August 15th, but residents are encouraged to apply as early as possible. We will review all submitted applications, but may not be able to extend interviews to late applicants.
Interviews will begin September 1st, 2015, and will be completed on October 20th, 2015.
What Constitutes a Complete Application?
Please comply with the following guidelines when completing your application. Only applications with all requested materials will be reviewed.
Through ERAS, please submit the following required materials:
Post-Grad Year 2 & Beyond:
- ERAS common application form (CAF)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal goals statement
- Medical school transcripts
- 2 to 4 letters of reference
(Including Chief of Service/Department Chair and your current Program Director. References should be within one year of current training.)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX transcript with scores
- Wallet-sized color photo
- ECFMG status report (international medical graduates only)
Helpful Dates to Remember
- July 2015: Applicants submit application materials through ERAS. (applications, letters of recommendation, Dean's Letter/MSPE, transcripts, and other supporting credentials)
- July 15, 2015: Columbia begins reviewing applications
- August 2015, Columbia begins responding to applicants
- September 1, 2015: Columbia begins interviewing candidates
- October 20, 2015: Columbia completes interview process
- November 11, 2015: Match rank order list closes
- December 2, 2015: Match Day
Foreign applicants may apply to the program and are advised that NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital will not petition or sponsor H visas. Only J visas will be supported. Please note that neither NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital nor Columbia University Medical Center assumes responsibility for any associated fees or expenses related to the petition.
Information relating to the visa inquiries can be found on the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates website.
For further information, please call our Fellowship Coordinator at (212) 305-8923, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your application!