Nicole Lamanna, M.D.
Fax - 212-305-8111
Outpatient Office Location
Herbert Irving Pavilion, Garden
161 Fort Washington Ave at W. 165th St.
New York, NY
Nicole Lamanna received her undergraduate degree from Barnard College of Columbia University and her M.D. from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She subsequently completed her Internal Medicine residency at NYU where she served as Chief Resident. She completed fellowship training in Hematology and Medical Oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center where she was selected to be Chief Fellow. Dr. Lamanna joined the faculty at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center where she focused her attention to caring for patients with hematologic malignancies and her clinical research efforts in developing clinical trials in lymphoid leukemias, specifically chronic lymphocytic leukemia. She is an experienced clinical investigator and her research focus has been the development of combination therapies that include chemoimmunotherapy, immunomodulatory drugs, novel kinase inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies. Her clinical research aims have also encompassed the development of safe, active therapies for older patients with CLL and the investigation of novel agents for all patients.
Dr. Lamanna is the author and/or coauthor of numerous articles and book chapters. She has been the principal investigator on many clinical trials and has lectured at both national and international meetings. She has served on the National Cancer Center Institute’s CLL working group committee, has served as a reviewer to many cancer journals and was previously on the editorial board of Clinical Leukemia.
Dr. Lamanna joined the faculty at CUMC in January, 2013 as an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine in the Hematologic Malignancies Section of the Hematology/Oncology Division. She will continue to provide compassionate care for patients with hematologic cancers as well as develop and lead clinical trials that offer patients the latest advances in the field.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disease
- Polycythemia Vera
- Essential Thrombocythemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Hematologic Malignancy
- Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center
- M.D., 1997, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Internship and Residency
- 1997-2000, Department of Medicine, NYU, New York, NY
- 2000-2001, Chief Resident, Department of Medicine, NYU, New York, NY
- 2001-2004, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 2002-2003, Chief Fellow, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY