Jordan Schecter, M.D.
Administrative Office Tel - 212 305-5364
Fax - 212 305-4667
Outpatients Office Location
Herbert Irving Pavilion, 9th floor
161 Fort Washington Ave at W 165th St.
New York, NY
Dr. Schecter has practiced at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center for over 7 years. He has completed training in Hematology and Medical Oncology, with a specific focus on hematologic conditions (Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Anemia, Low platelet count, Low white blood cell counts). Dr. Schecter is active in national medical societies and lectures around the country on various hematologic conditions. Dr. Schecter is also active in the medical school and was recently appointed the directorship of the Oncology Pathophysiology course for the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Schecter has multiple clinical trials available for patients with brain tumors (Glioblastoma), Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma. His practice welcomes new adult patients with cancer or blood conditions.
- Multiple myeloma
- Chronic leukemia
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
- Neutropenia (low white blood cells)
- Bone marrow biopsy
- Merkel cell cancer
- Brain tumors
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center
- Undergraduate: Brown University (Magna Cum Laude)
- Medical School: Warren Albert Medical School at Brown University
Internship and Residency
- Internship: Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Medical Hematology and Oncology, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center