The Harlem Hospital Center residency training program for psychiatry, only accepts applications through ERAS (http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/). We participate in the NRMP and do not offer positions outside the match.
A completed application is required before consideration for an interview. A completed application includes:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- MSPE (preferred) or Dean's letter
- A minimum of three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Official Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Transcripts (MUST have passed USMLE Step I & II on the first attempt) Passing ofstep III is not required but encouraged.
Additional requirements for foreign medical graduates:
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Eligible for ECFMG certification
- Should have graduated from medical school in the last 5 years.
- Applicants who are not US Citizens or Green Card holders will also need to be eligible for a J-1 visa. (Our hospital will sponsor H1-b visas for those applicants who have completed their step 3 and have their results at the time of the match. Applicants who match with us are responsible for all visa fees.)
Psychiatry Residency Program
Department of Psychiatry
Harlem Hospital Center
506 Lenox Avenue, New York, NY 10037
Tel: (212) 939 3065