Tips for Writing Letters of Recommendation for Students Applying to Medical School
April 09, 2015 from 12:00 pm to 12:50 pm EDT
Hammer Health Sciences Center, HSC 312
Greatest enthusiasm, great enthusiasm, or enthusiasm?
DATE: Thursday, April 9th, 2015
Dr. Stephen Nicholas, P&S associate dean for admissions, and Dr. Patrice Spitalnik, assistant director of the P&S MD-PhD program and a member of the P&S admissions committee, will discuss:
• Key factors that admissions committees look for
• Ways to maximize the likelihood your letter will be read
• Common-sense guidelines to avoid hyperbole and convey first-hand knowledge of an applicant
• Ways subtleties in language may help or hurt an applicant
• Beyond a letter of recommendation, what you can do to advocate for the exceptionally-talented student.
For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding this event, please contact Jennifer Curry by sending email to email@example.com or by calling 212-342-0251.
The 2015 John Lindenbaum Memorial Lecture with Mary Bassett
April 15, 2015 from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EDT
Speaker: Mary Bassett, MD, MPH Commissioner of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Associate Professor of Clinical Epidemiology at the Mailman School of Public Health Lecture
Title: “Bringing a Public Health Lens to Health Care Delivery”
Wednesday, April 15th, 2015
Please direct inquiries to 212-304-5637 or: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding this event, please contact Clara Lapiner by sending email to email@example.com or by calling 212-304-5637.