Columbia University Medical Center Facilities provides all the Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Environmental Controls (EC) services.
There is no charge for basic, common cost services to academic and administrative departments of the Medical Center. These services include:
- Maintain and repair existing temperature control computer systems regulating central building and standard mechanical units.
- Maintain controls network, building automation systems and alarms.
- Repair and maintain building- or loop-dedicated compressed air systems.
- Monitor temperature controls
- Operate, maintain and repair existing mechanical systems:
- Central heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems
- Public drinking fountain refrigeration units
- Associated piping, filters and duct work
All supplemental HVAC-EC services are chargeable to the requesting department, and are charged based on an hourly rate plus the cost of materials.
- Temperature control systems or environmental chambers ("walk-in boxes")
- Supplemental, special purpose or departmentally dedicated systems, such as humidifiers, dehumidifiers and air compressors
- Systems expanded or modified to accommodate changes in usage or load increases
- Specialty units required to compensate for heat generated by specialty equipment (mainframe computers, etc.)
- Window air- conditioning units and other stand-alone air conditioners not connected to the Central Plant