Routine maintenance services performed by the Grounds Department include gardening and horticulture, litter and waste removal, general maintenance, and outdoor space management. Routine grounds maintenance is a common cost (non-chargeable) service.
Gardening & Horticulture
- Restoration and maintenance of the University's green spaces, including selection, installation and upkeep of:
- Ground Covers
- Implement plant healthcare programs, to include:
- Soil Amendments
- Pest and Disease Control
- Maintain all trees, shrubs, lawns and planting beds throughout the campus and its immediate surroundings
- Maintain all outdoor irrigation systems
Litter & Waste Removal
- Clean Outdoor Spaces:
- Green Spaces
- Empty and maintain all outdoor recycling and trash receptacles
- Remove "wet" (non-recyclable) waste from outdoor trash receptacles
- Coordinate all scheduled and special pick-ups of waste compactors and containers
- Remove snow/ice from all campus and perimeter sidewalks.