Columbia University Medical Center Facilities provides electrician service to all academic and administrative departments. Services include, but are not limited to: rewiring, installation of lighting fixtures and dedicated electrical outlets.
There is no charge for pre-existing primary and secondary electricity distribution systems and associated hardware, including the following:
- Emergency backup generators
- Interior/exterior lighting systems
- Circuit breakers
- Electric motors
- Exit lighting
- Emergency lighting
- Battery powered lighting
A fee based on an hourly electrical rate plus the cost of materials is charged for local or departmentally-dedicated electricity distribution systems and associated hardware.
Local Systems include, but are not limited to:
- Specialized lighting systems (such as those used for research purposes)
- Modular office partition lighting and electrical systems
- Upgrades or alterations to electrical systems, such as:
- Connections to new equipment
- Installation of additional lighting fixtures
- Expansion or modification of existing electrical systems to accommodate usage changes or load increases
NOTE: Requests for emergency power is subject to availability. If emergency power is assessable, it will be provided as a chargeable service.