Electrical Outlet Installation
Columbia University Medical Center Facilities will install additional electrical outlets within the Medical Center.
A fee based on an hourly electrical rate plus the cost of materials is charged for local or departmentally dedicated electricity distribution systems and associated hardware.
Providing as much of the information below as you can will help us provide you with a more timely and accurate estimate.
- What type(s) of equipment will be using the outlet? Photocopier? Computer? Fax? Washer? Dryer?
- What are the voltage requirements, if known? 120 V or 240 V?
- Where on the wall will the outlet be installed? High? Low?
- On what type of wall will the outlet be mounted? Brick? Plaster? Sheet rock? Metal? Stone?
- If known, does the existing electrical panel or fuse box contain space for additional circuit breakers?
- Where is the location of the fuse box relative to the new outlet (approximate distance)?