Sign Up for Building Alerts
Elevator not working? Hot water disrupted? We want to keep you informed about both planned and urgent work that may impact you.
In the case of widespread disruptions, Facilities Management & Campus Services sends out campus-wide notifications. However, in the event of outages and alerts that are confined to specific areas of the campus, we e-mail only the occupants of the affected buildings.
To sign up for building-specific messages, or change your subscription preferences, fill out our quick, mobile-friendly form.
Columbia University Emergency Text Updates
- Log in with your UNI and password at my.columbia.edu
- Select “Faculty & Staff” at the top of the page
- Click "Update Personal Information”
- Select “Change phone numbers”
- Select “Add a phone number”
- Next, select one of the “Campus Alert” fields from the drop-down menu
- Enter your mobile number (University-provided or personal)
- Use the remaining two “Campus Alert” fields to enter up to two other mobile numbers you would like to receive emergency notifications
- Click “Save"
Important note: Only numbers listed under the "Campus Alert" fields will receive emergency text messages, "Mobile" and "CU Mobile" will not.
- Log in to Student Services Online
- Click on “Text Message Enrollment”
- Add your cell phone number; you can add up to three mobile numbers
- Click "Save"
Never Miss an E-mail
Did you know that if you are based at the medical center, you have two e-mail addresses? To make sure you get all your e-mail, forward your UNI@columbia.edu e-mail to your UNI@cumc.columbia.edu by following the mail forwarding instructions available at CUMC IT. You also have the option to change your alias and the e-mail address that appears in the university directory.