News & Announcements
Because of ongoing construction, there will be a temporary electric shutdown Tuesday, August 26, from 4– 8 a.m., that will affect emergency power on floors 12 through 20 in Vanderbilt Clinic and the College of Physicians and Surgeons building.
The following services will be unavailable during the temporary shutdown:
- Emergency power to all laboratories, temperature-controlled rooms, and freezer farms on floors 12 through 20 in both Vanderbilt Clinic and the College of Physicians and Surgeons building
- Chemical fume-hood ventilation system throughout the College of Physicians and Surgeons building
- Vacuum system throughout both Vanderbilt Clinic and the College of Physicians and Surgeons building
- Elevators throughout the College of Physicians and Surgeons building
- Access control (card swipe) doors
- CUMC IT closets
All normal power will operate as usual during the shutdown. If you are located on any of the affected floors in VC or P&S and wish to request temporary power provisions and/or dry ice, please contact CUMC Facilities Management at email@example.com.
If you are on any of the affected floors, please take the following steps before you leave on Monday, August 25:
- Completely turn off all computers and laptops.
- Save all files and important documents.
- Turn off all other electronic devices and non-essential laboratory equipment.
- Tightly seal all containers in fume hoods or remove and safely store them elsewhere in the lab.
- Shut off all gas valves servicing the fume hoods.
- Do not use fume hoods until the shutdown is over. Should any fume hood abnormalities arise following the shutdown, please contact Environmental Health and Safety at 305-6780.
In case any issues arise, representatives from CUMC Facilities will be on duty during the shutdown. CUMC Public Safety is also available to assist with any building or other issues. For routine matters, call 305-8100; for on-campus emergencies, call 305-7979.< back to news