Towers I, II, III
Built in 1971, Towers I, II, and III are a landmark feature of the Columbia University Medical Center skyline, rising 30 stories above the rocky cliffs over the Hudson River. Tower I conveniently connects to Bard Hall, which houses the athletic center and ballroom where the student meal plan is served. Towers II and III share a courtyard with the Vagelos Education Center, a verdant area with stunning views of the river, George Washington Bridge, and the Palisades. The Towers provide spacious two-, three-, and four-person suites for single students and junior one-bedrooms and one-bedroom apartments for couples. Consider joining the Towers community through the Bard to Towers Lottery, perfect for friends to share space, or through a Couples Application.
Notice: In June 2017, Columbia University Medical Center will begin the Towers Modernization Project, a multi-year residential improvement project designed to enhance spaces throughout Towers 1, 2, and 3. Learn more about the Towers Modernization Project.
- Average bedroom size: 9'x12'
- Full kitchen in each apartment
- Full bathroom in each apartment
- Furnishings: Depending on the lease type, some rooms come furnished with the following*:
- Extra long twin bed
- Desk with chair
- Hutch for desk
- Table lamp
* Upon special request, we can also remove the furniture.
- Lighting: Common areas are lit but residents must provide lighting for their bedrooms.
- Windows have blinds or shades.
Building Features and Amenities
- Elevator service
- Laundry: Card-operated washers and dryers.
- Tower I offers services on the sixth, eighth, 10th, and 12th floors, and on every floor from the 14th through 31st floors.
- Towers II and III have washing machines on even floors and dryers in select areas as well.
- 24-hour security
- Mailroom and Package Delivery: Tenants can pick up their packages from the door attendants of their respective buildings.
- Included in rent: The buildings are centrally air conditioned and heated. Hot/cold water, heat, and air conditioning are included in rental rate. Wireless internet is provided by CUMC IT.
- Not included: Gas, phone, cable, and electricity. While the buildings do have air conditioning readily available, tenants will be billed for the electricity used to run the air conditioner.
Sample Images and Floor Plans