Moving Out of Your Dorm
Making Plans to Check-Out of Your Room
- Notify telephone, cable and campus computer network services.
- Campus Tech 1-888-285-1507
- Time Warner Cable 1-212-222-5388
- Campus Computer Network CAIT 1-212-305-3694
- Notify post office re: change of address.
- Plan move-contact moving company, contact truck rental company, etc., Make storage plans, purchase storage boxes.
- Contact Bard Hall Mailroom.
-The USPS will not forward mail from Bard Hall or the Georgian Residence as these are drop ship locations.
-You should notify your Bank, Financial Institutions and other companies of your new address 1 month prior to departure.
- As a courtesy, we will hold your mail for 1 month. Arrangements must be made with the Mail Clerk in the Bard Hall Mail Room.
- Remove all belongings from your room/unit and where applicable, the kitchen, refrigerator, cabinets, closets, bath room. All items left behind will be considered abandoned property and will be disposed of the Facilities Management personnel who prepare rooms for new occupants.
Please note: Georgian Residents hold individual dorm housing contracts with the University and are solely responsible for those contractual obligations. Storing, holding or retaining a roommate's belongings during the summer is prohibited.
- Return all keys to the Office of Housing Services M-F 8AM-5PM or after hours to the Bard Hall-60 Haven Ave. Door Attendant.
- You will continue to be charged for occupancy until the premises has been vacated and the keys returned.
- After you have checked-out and have returned your keys, your room/unit will be inspected to assess the condition of your unit and to confirm that you have completely moved out. You will be charged for any costs associated with repairing or correcting any condition including unauthorized painting, cleaning and trash removal or damage deemed beyond normal wear and tear and/or replacing any missing appliances, fixtures or furniture. This includes a replacement key charge for all keys not returned.