- How can I submit a Maintenance/ Facilities request?
- Do I have to vacate my Residence Hall during the winter break?
- What do I do if I lose my key?
- What are the hours of operation for Bard Hall Mailroom?
- Who/Where can I borrow a hand-truck or dolly for large packages or move-in?
- Are there laundry facilities throughout the Residence Halls and Apartment Housing?
- Who/Where do I give my first months’ rent/security to?
- Are there any campus accommodations available for families during commencement?
- I missed my scheduled lease signing appointment- what are my next steps?
- What furniture is provided in the rooms/apartment?
- Is Couples housing furnished/unfurnished?
- When does my lease end in the Towers/154/390?
- Is there an increase in my rent every year? If so, how much?
- Can I remove any of the furniture that is provided in my room?
- Can I stay for the summer in the Georgian/Bard Hall/Apartment housing?
- Is there a penalty for breaking my lease or contract?
- Who do I talk to about my rent bill?
- When I move, when do I get my deposit back?
- Who should I contact for storage in the summer?
- What if I don’t see any of my questions or concerns here in the FAQ’s?
- How do I request housing accommodations for my disability?
How can I submit a Maintenance/ Facilities request?
Please submit your request online at www.cumc-housing.columbia.edu
What do I do if I lose my key?
If during business hours (9a-5p) you can request a replacement key for $10.00 per key for Bard and Georgian only. For Towers and 154 the cost is $25.00. If after hours, please see your Superintendant or RA to allow you access. You may be charged $50.00 for the access.
Who/Where do I give my first months’ rent/security to?
First months rent and security should be paid on the day of your lease signing appointment. All checks/money orders should be made payable to: Columbia University.
I missed my scheduled lease signing appointment- what are my next steps?
Please contact the Office of Housing Services 212-305-HELP # 2 or come to the Office of Housing Services: 50 Haven- Bard Hall to reschedule.
Is there a penalty for breaking my lease or contract?
Tenants living in apartment housing may have a penalty for breaking their Lease before a semester ends; they should notify us at least 30 days in advance by filling out a Notice of Vacancy Form. Students living in Bard Hall and Georgian do have penalties for breaking their Contracts if moving off campus; if transferring to other buildings on campus, you will not be penalized.
Who should I contact for storage in the summer?
Since we do not provide storage, students can contact the following companies or look for their own: Contemporary Moving Systems, Hudson North America or Noah’s Ark Moving & Storage; These are recommended by the Morningside Campus who has used them for years. Housing has no affiliation with any of these companies and has provided this information strictly for your convenience.
What if I don’t see any of my questions or concerns here in the FAQ’s?
How do I request housing accommodations for my disability?
Requests are reviewed by the Office of Disability Services. Deadlines for such requests are:
- Entering first year P&S medical students: April 15th
- Entering ETP Nursing students: March 1st
- All other entering, first year students: June 1st
- Couples Housing: June 1st
While applications submitted after these dates will be accepted and considered, Columbia cannot guarantee that it will be able to meet late applicants’ accommodation needs, including any needs that develop during the semester.