Within Walking Distance of Everything the Medical Center and New York City Have to Offer
Practical and Cost-Effective
More than 1,300 students, faculty and post docs live in Medical Center accommodations, a practical and cost-effective way to live in Manhattan. Living on campus provides individuals with the opportunity to take advantage of all of the resources Columbia University and the City of New York have to offer. All of the residential buildings are located at CUMC and are within walking distance to academic buildings and labs, the library, the campus athletic center and the city’s subway and bus system.
Download the CUMC Apartment Housing Student/Tenant Information booklet and learn everything you need to know about being a tenant in CUMC Apartment Housing, from signing your rental agreement to billing schedules, and security deposits.
Stay safe: Print out a copy of the Fire Safety Brochure for residential apartment buildings.
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 15-June 1, 2016: All newly admitted students who require single housing and will be attending and/or enrolled in the 2016-2017 academic year to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, School of Nursing, Human Nutrition program, School of Dental Medicine, Occupational program, Physical Therapy program, or Graduate School of Arts and Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing notifications will occur in mid-June 2016.
- April 15-June 1, 2016: Newly admitted students who require couples housing and will begin in fall 2016 at any of the schools or programs listed above may apply for CUMC housing online. Housing notifications for newly admitted students will occur in mid-June 2016.
Important 2016 Move-Out Information
With ongoing construction at the new Medical and Graduate Education Building site, the Office of Housing Services is working diligently on the move-out process for Move-Out Weekend 2016, Friday, May 27 through Tuesday, May 31.
As you prepare to depart CUMC, please note the following updates:
- Public Safety will provide additional foot patrols for any assistance that may be needed during the weekend
- "No Parking" signs will be posted along Haven Avenue (between 50 and 100 Haven Avenue) to allow for trucks/moving vans to load as students are vacating
- Minimized construction work will take place at the Medical and Graduate Education building site during the weekend
During Move-Out Weekend, staff members from the Office of Housing Services will be available to assist with the move-out process. There will also be staging areas located in the lobbies of Towers 2 and 3 that will provide large boxes and dollies. If you are using moving trucks, they will be allowed to park along Haven Avenue.
If you have any questions during your move-out, please call the Office of Housing Services at 212-305-4357 and select option #2.
Look up frequently asked questions for current and prospective students and tenants. If you don’t see your questions or concerns listed in the Housing FAQs, please contact the CUMC Office of Housing Services at email@example.com.
Lease Signing Tutorials
For more information on lease signing, click on one of the tutorial links below:
If you view the tutorial and still have questions or comments regarding the lease signing processes at CUMC, please contact the Office of Housing Services at 212-304-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.