Within Walking Distance of Everything the Medical Center and New York City Have to Offer
Practical and Cost-Effective
More than 1,300 students, faculty and post docs live in Medical Center accommodations, a practical and cost-effective way to live in Manhattan. Living on campus provides individuals with the opportunity to take advantage of all of the resources Columbia University and the City of New York have to offer. All of the residential buildings are located at CUMC and are within walking distance to academic buildings and labs, the library, the campus athletic center and the city’s subway and bus system.
Download the CUMC Apartment Housing Student/Tenant Information booklet and learn everything you need to know about being a tenant in CUMC Apartment Housing, from signing your rental agreement to billing schedules, and security deposits.
Stay safe: Print out a copy of the Fire Safety Brochure for residential apartment buildings.
Important Upcoming Dates
- February 2-March 31, 2015: Newly admitted students who require either single or couples housing and will be enrolled in either the College of Dental Medicine or ETP (Nursing) may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. All housing notifications will occur in early April 2015.
- February 2-March 31, 2015: Current students who require couples housing and are currently enrolled in either College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, or Graduate School of Basic Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing packets for current students interested in couples housing are also available in the Office of Housing Services. Housing notifications for couples housing will occur in early April 2015.
- March 16, 2015: All current Bard Hall residents who wish to enter the 2015 Lottery and Apartment Selection process must file for a Lottery Number by this date. To participate in the 2015 Bard Haven-Towers Lottery, you must hold a “Bard Hall 2014 Dorm Housing Contract,” be a full-time matriculated student enrolled at CUMC, be in good financial standing with the University, and must maintain full-time status throughout upcoming academic year.
- March 18, 2015: All current Bard Hall residents who entered the 2015 Lottery and Apartment Selection process will receive their lottery number. All lottery numbers will be posted in the Office of Housing Services, along with a list of available apartments.
- March 30-April 13, 2015: All current Bard Hall residents who entered the 2015 Lottery and Apartment Selection process may have the chance to independently view apartments available for selection with the current tenants during this time.
- April 8, 2015: Applications for 2015 Lottery and Apartment Selection for groups of two, three, or four must be submitted no later than Wednesday, April 8, 2015. The groups must remain intact throughout the remainder of apartment selection process.
- April 14, 2015: All current Bard Hall residents who entered the 2015 Lottery and Apartment Selection process may select their apartments. All groups and group members must be in attendance at Apartment Selection.
- April 15-June 1, 2015: Current students who require single housing and are currently enrolled in the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, or Graduate School of Basic Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing notifications will occur in mid-June 2015.
- April 15-June 1, 2015: Newly admitted students who require either single or couples housing and will begin in fall 2015 may apply for CUMC housing online. Housing notifications for newly admitted students will occur in mid-June 2015.
Look up frequently asked questions for current and prospective students and tenants. If you don’t see your questions or concerns listed in the Housing FAQs, please contact the CUMC Office of Housing Services at email@example.com.
Lease Signing Tutorials
For more information on lease signing, click on one of the tutorial links below:
If you view the tutorial and still have questions or comments regarding the lease signing processes at CUMC, please contact the Office of Housing Services at 212-304-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.