Within Walking Distance of Everything the Medical Center and New York City Have to Offer
Practical and Cost-Effective
More than 1,300 students, faculty and post docs live in Medical Center accommodations, a practical and cost-effective way to live in Manhattan. Living on campus provides individuals with the opportunity to take advantage of all of the resources Columbia University and the City of New York have to offer. All of the residential buildings are located at CUMC and are within walking distance to academic buildings and labs, the library, the campus athletic center and the city’s subway and bus system.
Important Upcoming Dates
Below are important CUMC Housing application dates for current and newly admitted students. Click here to check your housing eligibility.
- February 3, 2014-March 31, 2014: Currently enrolled students in College of Dental Medicine School and ETP (Nursing); housing notification will occur in early April 2014
- April 15, 2014-June 1, 2014: Newly admitted and currently enrolled students (beginning in Fall 2014); housing notification will occur in mid-June 2014
To ensure fair housing for as many CUMC students as possible, the Office of Housing Services uses the following priority structure for housing assignments:
- Priority 1: International applicants
- Priority 2: Applicants within the United States coming from farthest away then moving eastward
- Priority 3: Applicants from the Tristate area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut)
Please note the number and type of student housing units available for rent at any given time varies throughout the year. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will be housed in accommodations that satisfy your first preference in terms of type, location, and price range.
Housing News & Announcements
Current Student Tenants: New Improvements for All 2014 Lease Renewals, April 1, 2014
Current student tenants can now take advantage of several new ways to renew their leases. Read more.
Look up frequently asked questions for current and prospective students and tenants. If you don’t see your questions or concerns listed in the Housing FAQs, please contact the CUMC Office of Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lease Signing Tutorials
For more information on lease signing, click on one of the tutorial links below:
If you view the tutorial and still have questions or comments regarding the lease signing processes at CUMC, please contact the Office of Housing Services at 212-304-7000 or email@example.com.