Campus accommodations for students include a wide range of offerings from single dormitory rooms, to 2, 3, and 4 person suites, to one bedroom apartments. The newly constructed 390 Ft. Washington Residence houses Postdoctoral Fellows in studio and 1 bedroom apartments, while faculty are offered accommodations at the Morningside Campus.
2016 Application Dates
Below are important CUMC Housing application dates for current and newly admitted students. Click here to check your housing eligibility.
- February 1-March 31, 2016: Newly admitted students who require either single or couples housing and will be enrolled in either the Dental Grad Programs (Endo, Ortho, Perio, Prostho and AEGD) or ETP (Nursing) may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. All housing notifications will occur in early April 2016.
- February 1-March 31, 2016: Current students who require couples housing and are currently enrolled in either College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, or Graduate School of Basic Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing packets for current students interested in couples housing are also available in the Office of Housing Services. Housing notifications for couples housing will occur in early April 2016.
- April 15-June 1, 2016: All newly admitted students who require single housing and will be attending and/or enrolled in the 2016-2017 academic year to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, School of Nursing, Human Nutrition program, School of Dental Medicine, Occupational program, Physical Therapy program, or Graduate School of Arts and Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing notifications will occur in mid-June 2016.
- April 15-June 1, 2016: Newly admitted students who require couples housing and will begin in fall 2016 at any of the schools or programs listed above may apply for CUMC housing online. Housing notifications for newly admitted students will occur in mid-June 2016.
To ensure fair housing for as many CUMC students as possible, the Office of Housing Services uses the following priority structure for housing assignments:
- Priority 1: International applicants
- Priority 2: Applicants within the United States coming from farthest away then moving eastward
- Priority 3: Applicants from the Tristate area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut)
Please note the number and type of student housing units available for rent at any given time varies throughout the year. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will be housed in accommodations that satisfy your first preference in terms of type, location, and price range. All Physicians and Surgeon and GSAS applicants are guaranteed a Bard Hall dormitory allocation; however you, the student can in fact state on your application the desire to live in one of our other buildings ( Georgian, Towers, 154 Haven). Please note, we cannot guarantee an accomodation in any of these other buildings, but we will certainly attempt to accomodate the request.
Important 2016 Move-Out Information
With ongoing construction at the new Medical and Graduate Education Building site, the Office of Housing Services is working diligently on the move-out process for Move-Out Weekend 2016, Friday, May 27 through Tuesday, May 31. As you prepare to depart CUMC, please note the following updates:
- Public Safety will provide additional foot patrols for any assistance that may be needed during the weekend
- "No Parking" signs will be posted along Haven Avenue (between 50 and 100 Haven Avenue) to allow for trucks/moving vans to load as students are vacating
- Minimized construction work will take place at the Medical and Graduate Education building site during the weekend
During Move-Out Weekend, staff members from the Office of Housing Services will be available to assist with the move-out process. There will also be staging areas located in the lobbies of Towers 2 and 3 that will provide large boxes and dollies. If you are using moving trucks, they will be allowed to park along Haven Avenue. If you have any questions during your move-out, please call 212-305-4357 and select option #2.
Look up frequently asked questions for current and prospective students and tenants. If you don’t see your questions or concerns listed in the Housing FAQs, please contact the CUMC Office of Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.