Campus accommodations for students include a wide range of offerings from single dormitory rooms, to 2, 3, and 4 person suites, to one bedroom apartments. The newly constructed 390 Ft. Washington Residence houses Postdoctoral Fellows in studio and 1 bedroom apartments, while faculty are offered accommodations at the Morningside Campus.
2015 Application Dates
Below are important CUMC Housing application dates for current and newly admitted students. Click here to check your housing eligibility.
- February 2-March 31, 2015: Newly admitted students who require either single or couples housing and will be enrolled in either the College of Dental Medicine or ETP (Nursing) may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. All housing notifications will occur in early April 2015.
- February 2-March 31, 2015: Current students who require couples housing and are currently enrolled in either College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, or Graduate School of Basic Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing packets for current students interested in couples housing are also available in the Office of Housing Services. Housing notifications for couples housing will occur in early April 2015.
- April 15-June 1, 2015: Current students who require single housing and are currently enrolled in the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, or Graduate School of Basic Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing notifications will occur in mid-June 2015.
- April 15-June 1, 2015: Newly admitted students who require either single or couples housing and will begin in fall 2015 may apply for CUMC housing online. Housing notifications for newly admitted students will occur in mid-June 2015.
To ensure fair housing for as many CUMC students as possible, the Office of Housing Services uses the following priority structure for housing assignments:
- Priority 1: International applicants
- Priority 2: Applicants within the United States coming from farthest away then moving eastward
- Priority 3: Applicants from the Tristate area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut)
Please note the number and type of student housing units available for rent at any given time varies throughout the year. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that you will be housed in accommodations that satisfy your first preference in terms of type, location, and price range.
Look up frequently asked questions for current and prospective students and tenants. If you don’t see your questions or concerns listed in the Housing FAQs, please contact the CUMC Office of Housing Services at email@example.com.