The Facilities Compliance Office offers the following services:
- Ensures and promotes a safe and healthful work and learning environment in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Responsible for the tracking and trending of all CUMC building violations and regulatory inspections. Directs facilities compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution, and submits all required corrective action plans.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the facilities compliance program and its related activities, and manages day-to-day operation of the program.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Maintains CUMC building specific and other related Permits and Authorizations. Manages all related logs and reports.
- Serves as an internal resource for construction and renovation projects.
- Updates/Revises CUMC’s Emergency Management Plan and supporting documentation . Has front line response to emergency events.
- Works with the EH&S Department and others as appropriate to administer an effective compliance education and training program for the Facilities Management workforce.
- Coordinates the CUMC Emergency Management and Disability Access and Accommodations Committees. Represents Facilities Management on a number of institutional committees pertaining to safety and compliance.
- Oversees after hours response to CUMC building fire alarms and interface with FDNY.