The overall objective of this Center is to provide the infrastructure to inspire, promote, and integrate culturally sensitive research and practice that will ensure optimum health for children and their families.
The broad goals of this Center are to create and disseminate knowledge for practice and research with families and children at risk, and toward that end, to provide scholarly resources for faculty and students, to support creative translational partnerships within the School and between the School and the professional and lay communities, and to foster education for advanced practice and research in nursing.
Specific aims of the Center are to:
- Provide leadership in the sharing of knowledge relevant to the Center mission among faculty, students, and the professional community
- Develop and support research initiatives that identify and test interventions to meet the complex needs of children and families at risk
- Facilitate transdisciplinary partnerships for education, practice and research related to the Center mission
- Support and promote evidence based clinical interventions to improve the health status and the lives of children, families, and communities at risk
- Advocate on behalf of the children and families who comprise the mission of the Center
- Offer consultation to the professional and lay communities focusing on children and families at risk