The mission of Columbia University School of Nursing is to educate and mentor future generations of expert nurse clinicians and researchers. The School’s responsibility is to design programs that use the rare resources and unique partnerships of this academic health sciences center, and to provide evidence that programs and graduates bring about improved health and well being.
- The baccalaureate, master’s and doctor of nursing practice nursing programs at Columbia University School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036; (202) 887-6791.
- All educational programs are accredited by the State Education Department, University of the State of New York, Albany, NY 12234.
- The nurse midwifery program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, Suite 1550, 8403 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910, (204) 485-1802. http://www.midwife.org/accreditation.
- The Columbia University School of Nursing nurse anesthesia program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, IL 60068; (847) 655-1160. The program’s next review by the COA is scheduled for May, 2019.
- Columbia University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, 8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910-3492, (800) 284-2378.
- Columbia University School of Nursing is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, One Dupont Circle NW, suite 530, Washington, DC 20056; (202) 463-6930.
- Columbia University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, 2nd floor west, Philadelphia, PA 19104; (267) 284-5000.
- The pediatric nurse practitioner program is approved by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, 800 South Frederick Avenue, Suite 224, Gaithersburg, MD 20877-4152; (301) 330-2921.
- The women’s health and neonatal nurse practitioner programs are approved by the National Certification Corporation, 142 East Ontario Street, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60611.http://www.nccwebsite.org/contact.aspx.