Approved by Executive Committee of Medical Board as a Standing Committee on August 6, 1946 and October 4, 1949.
STATEMENT OF CHARGE TO COMMITTEE:
1. Establish standards for format and content and monitor the quality of medical records, with responsibility for maintenance of record quality resting with Departmental Chairman, as provided in the By-Laws.
2. Provide advice and support to the Medical Record Department in determining systems and procedures which will best enable it to meet the needs of the institution.
3. Consider revisions and innovations of recording procedures and recommend actions to the Medical Board in carrying out responsibilities.
4. Quarterly reviews the results of multidisciplinary evaluation of a sampling of medical records to assure quality, clinical pertinence and timely completion.
5. Voting members of this committee shall include: The Director of Medical Records, representatives from Medical Affairs Administration, Quality Assurance, Nursing, physicians from the various clinical services and others as deemed appropriate by the Chairperson.
6. Meets monthly.
7. Reports quarterly to Executive Committee of Medical Board.
8. Reports annually to Medical Board.