Human Studies Core
Waichi Wong, MD
Dr. Wong is a transplant nephrologist with a deep commitment to clinical and translational research. She has been appointed the Clinical Director and Director of the Human Studies Core in the Columbia Center for Translational Immunology (CCTI). She is a full-time member of the Columbia University Medical Center faculty as Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine.
Our mission is to facilitate:
- the design, regulatory approval, and conduct of clinically-based immunological research by CCTI investigators;
- communication between immunologists and clinicians to build synergy and develop innovative hypotheses, immunologic studies and therapies involving human subjects.
Services will include:
- assistance with preparation of regulatory documents for the Institutional review Board (IRB);
- assistance with recruitment of subjects to participate in immunological studies;
- coordination of human sample procurement;
- organization of seminar series and other forums promoting communication between clinicians and immunologists to foster translational immunology research.