Andrew F. Teich, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pathology & Cell Biology
- Co-Director New York Brain Bank
My current research focus is on the intersection of systems biology and neurodegenerative disease. Specifically, ongoing work in my laboratory is focusing on computational analysis of RNA expression data from Alzheimer’s disease brain tissue, with the goal of identifying master regulators of gene expression in Alzheimer’s disease that contribute to both synaptic dysfunction as well as microglial dysfunction and subsequent dysregulation of phagocytosis. We have identified several putative master regulators relevant to AD pathogenesis, and we are currently characterizing associated gene regulatory networks.
- Department of Pathology & Cell Biology
Division of Anatomic Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Education & Training
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, NYP Employee Plan, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Access (Exchange), EPO, Gatekeeper (Exchange), HMO, Medicare Managed Care, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
- Email: email@example.com
Honors & Awards
2016 Paul B. Beeson Emerging Leaders Career Development Award in Aging, NIH-NIA
2014 Margaret M. Cahn Research Award, Alzheimer’s Association
2011 Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. Scholar Award, Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. Scholar Foundation/Columbia University
A TRANSLATIONAL BIOINFORMATICS APPROACH TO RESCUING SYNAPTIC AND NEUROPHYSIOLOGIC DYSFUNCTION IN ALZHEIMER S DISEASE (Federal Gov)
Sep 15 2018 - May 31 2023
ALZHEIMER S DISEASE RESEARCH CENTER - OVERALL (Federal Gov)
Jun 15 2015 - May 31 2020
A SYSTEMS APPROACH TO DNA METHYLATION, GENE EXPRESSION, AND COGNITIVE DYSFUNCTION IN ALZHEIMER S DISEASE (Federal Gov)
May 1 2015 - Jan 31 2020
REGULATION OF RETROMER PROTEINS THROUGH AN ALZHEIMER S DISEASE SPECIFIC TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR COMPLEX (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2018 - Aug 31 2019
AN INTEGRATIVE ANALYSIS OF DNA METHYLATION, TRANSCRIPTOMIC CHANGES, AND COGNITIVE DYSFUNCTION IN ALZHEIMER S DISEASE (Federal Gov)
Sep 30 2016 - May 31 2019
A CROSS-SPECIES STUDY OF DNA METHYLATION IN ALZHEIMER S DISEASE DEMENTIA (Private)
Jun 1 2016 - May 31 2018
A STUDY OF ZCCHC17 REGULATION OF SYNAPTIC GENES IN ALZHEIMERS DISEASE (Federal Gov)
Sep 1 2014 - May 31 2017
A THERAPEUTIC APPROACH TO SYNAPTIC DYSFUNCTION IN ALZHEIMER S DISEASE (Private)
Jan 1 2014 - Dec 31 2015
BETA-AMYLOID42 POSITIVELY REGULATES ALPHA7-CHOLINERGIC RECEPTORS (Private)
Sep 1 2011 - Aug 31 2013
- Zeljko Tomljanovic, Mitesh Patel, William Shin, Andrea Califano, Andrew F. Teich. ZCCHC17 is a master regulator of synaptic gene expression in Alzheimer’s Disease. Bioinformatics, 2018 Feb 1;34(3):367-371.
- A. F. Teich, Sakurai M., Patel M., Holman C., Saeed F., Fiorito J., Arancio O. PDE5 Exists in Human Neurons and is a Viable Therapeutic Target for Neurologic Disease. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 2016 9;52(1): 295-302.
- Gill BJ, Pisapia DJ, Malone HR, Goldstein H, Lei L, Sonabend A, Yun J, Samanamud J, Sims JS, Banu M, Dovas A, Teich AF, Sheth SA, McKhann GM, Sisti MB, Bruce JN, Sims PA, Canoll P. MRI-localized biopsies reveal subtype-specific differences in molecular and cellular composition at the margins of glioblastoma. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. (2014)26;111(34):12550-5.
- Teich AF, Patel M, Arancio O. A Reliable Way to Detect Endogenous Murine β-Amyloid. PLoSOne. (2013) 8(2):e55647.
- Teich AF and Qian N. V1 orientation plasticity is explained by broadly tuned feedforward inputs and intracortical sharpening. Visual Neuroscience 27:57-73, 2010.
- Teich AF and Qian N. Comparison Among Some Models of V1 Orientation Selectivity. Journal of Neurophysiology 96:404-419, 2006.
- Teich AF and Qian N. Learning and adaptation in a recurrent model of V1 orientation selectivity. Journal of Neurophysiology 89:2086-2100, 2003.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov